Guidelines for Presenters
- Feb 14, 2018
Oral & Short Presentations
All Powerpoint presentations should be provided electronically (e.g. by USB stick) at the registration desk on Saturday 7 April between 15:00 to 18:00 at the Conference Venue. Late arrivers at the conference must submit their presentations no later than one day before they are scheduled to deliver the presentation.
In order to make sure your presentation is perceived best
- Slide aspect ration should be 16x9 (PP 2013 or later)
- Use Sans-Serif-Fonts of at least 14 points size
A Short Talk will be of a maximum of 5 minute duration, with a preference for little over 4 minutes, to allow rotation between speakers. This format is not considered less important than a long talk but will suit those ideas or hypothesis that do not require a long talk time allocation but are better communicated orally than through a poster.
The Short Talk can be presented with visual aids and slides (maximum 10 slides in general) but must not exceed the allocated 4/5 minutes. The presenter will be notified when one minute is left. No questions or discussions are permitted after each Short Talk, but presenters are requested to stay in the main conference room for at least 10 minutes after the session to receive comments and questions personally.
Some useful suggestions for a successful Short Talk:
- Don’t try to put too many slides or too many items on slides.
- Make sure the audience can understand your take-home message.
- Don’t speak too fast, just to fit your talk into a maximum length of 5 minutes.
- The topic is very important here; don’t choose Short Talk just to make an oral presentation
The format of the long talk and poster presentations will follow previous ECS conferences.
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes in total - around 10-12 minutes presentation followed by 3-5 minutes for questions.
Please download the Poster Guidelines here and follow the stated instructions.