- Nov 22, 2016
Social programme for the ECS Conference 2017
Download the full programme here.
See also the 'Activity day-by-day' in Middelfart during conference days here.
Sunday 30 April
- 18.00 – 23.00 Icebreaker ("Kulturøen', downtown Middelfart)
- Porpoise safari with Aarhus University vessel Aurora and two certified safari boats (Aventura and Mira). Trips last one hour and all boats depart at 18:30 and 20:00. Free tickets available at icebreaker.
- The new public “Ear in the Sea” listening station, sponsored by Seiche, will be open 19:00-22:00 next to Gl. Havn (Old Harbour).
Monday 1 May
- 21.00 - 23.00 Video night at Hindsgavl Castle, the bar will be open.
Tuesday 2 May
- 18.00 - 19.00 Open ship to the public onboard Aurora (new Aarhus University research vessel)
- 19.00 - 21.00 Invited speakers and general public will be invited for an evening on the history of porpoise science in Denmark (in Danish) at Hindsgavl Castle, ”Marsvin i Middelfart - fra hvalfangst til verdensberømt forskning”. Download the programme for Tuesday evening here.
- 19.30 - 21.00 Aurora open for conference participants
- 21.00 Student party at Tema Bar (Havnegade 13) in Middelfart city – everyone is welcome
Wednesday 3 May
- 17.25-18.00 Awards & Closing
- 19.30 - 02.30 Conference banquet and dance at Hindsgavl Castle
Thursday 4 May
- Lots of activities possible in the vicinity of Middelfart (see more under Conference Information or click here)